Ashlea believes that the therapeutic relationship is key to success in treatment. She understands that therapy can be a daunting prospect for many, and her goal is to support her clients to feel comfortable, and most importantly, listened to. Her therapy style is client-centred and blends natural empathy, compassion and curiosity with humour and essential to any therapeutic conversation, the offer of a cup of tea.
Ashlea has a strong science background, which allows her to draw from research in the fields of neuroscience, attachment, behaviour and learning, family systems and social psychology. Ashlea is trained in several evidence-based treatment approaches:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – Enhanced (CBT-E)
- Maudsley Family Based Therapy (FBT)
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (the Conversational Model)
- Schema Therapy
Ashlea believes that psychotherapy is not a one size fits all approach and will work closely with you to determine what treatment approach will be most effective for your personal situation and to achieve your therapy goals.